The Philodendron - Heartleaf is a tropical house plant that thrives best in indoor climates. It gets its name 'Heartleaf' from the shape of its leaves. If you're interested in plants for a bigger terrarium, this plant will work great.
Plant Care Guide for Philodendron cordatum - 'Heartleaf':
- Water your Heartleaf Philodendron plant regularly, but allow the soil to dry slightly between watering.
- Use room temperature water and avoid letting the plant sit in standing water, as this can cause root rot.
- Reduce watering during the dormant season in fall and winter.
- Place your Heartleaf Philodendron plant in bright, indirect light, avoiding direct sunlight.
- Provide some morning or evening sun, but avoid exposing the plant to strong midday sunlight, as this can scorch the leaves.
- Heartleaf Philodendron plants prefer temperatures between 65-80°F (18-27°C).
- Protect the plant from cold drafts, as temperatures below 60°F (15°C) can cause leaf drop.
- Heartleaf Philodendron plants prefer moderate to high humidity levels.
- Increase humidity by using a humidifier, placing a tray of water near the plant, or grouping it with other plants.
- Use a well-draining soil mix consisting of equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and sand.
- Repot the plant every 1-2 years to prevent the roots from becoming pot-bound.
- Heartleaf Philodendron plants are toxic to humans and pets if ingested. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
By following these care tips, your Philodendron cordatum - 'Heartleaf' can thrive and produce its classic and heart-shaped leaves.