The Adenium - Desert Rose is a tropical house plant that thrives best in outdoor climates if above 50 degrees, otherwise you will need to move it inside until it warms up. If you're interested in plants for a bigger terrarium, this plant will work great.
Plant Care Guide for Adenium Arabicum - 'Desert Rose':
- Water your Desert Rose sparingly, allowing the soil to dry out completely between watering sessions.
- Use well-draining soil to avoid waterlogged conditions that can cause root rot.
- Reduce watering during the dormant season in winter to prevent overwatering.
- Place your Desert Rose in a bright, sunny location with at least 4-6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Protect the plant from direct sunlight during the hottest part of the day to prevent sunburn.
- Consider using artificial light if natural light is not available or insufficient.
- Adenium Arabicum prefers temperatures between 70-85°F (21-29°C) during the day and 60-70°F (15-21°C) at night.
- Protect the plant from frost or extreme temperature fluctuations, which can cause leaf drop or damage.
- Desert Roses prefer low to moderate humidity levels between 30-60%.
- Use a well-draining soil mix and avoid overwatering to prevent fungal growth.
- Use a well-draining soil mix consisting of 50% sand and 50% organic material such as peat moss or coconut coir.
- Avoid using heavy soil or regular potting soil, which can retain too much water and cause root rot.
- Repot the plant every 2-3 years to prevent the roots from becoming pot-bound.
- Desert Roses are toxic if ingested and can cause skin irritation, so keep them away from children and pets.
By following these simple care tips, your Adenium Arabicum - 'Desert Rose' can thrive and produce beautiful blooms.