The Philodendron Prince of Orange is a tropical house plant that thrives best in indoor climates. If you're interested in plants for a bigger terrarium, this plant will work great.
Plant Care Guide for Philodendron Prince of Orange:
- Water your Prince of Orange Philodendron plant regularly, but allow the soil to dry slightly between watering.
- Use room temperature water and avoid letting the plant sit in standing water, as this can cause root rot.
- Reduce watering during the dormant season in fall and winter.
- Place your Prince of Orange Philodendron plant in bright, indirect light, avoiding direct sunlight.
- Provide some morning or evening sun, but avoid exposing the plant to strong midday sunlight, as this can scorch the leaves.
- Prince of Orange Philodendron plants prefer temperatures between 65-80°F (18-27°C).
- Protect the plant from cold drafts, as temperatures below 60°F (15°C) can cause leaf drop.
- Prince of Orange Philodendron plants prefer moderate to high humidity levels.
- Increase humidity by using a humidifier, placing a tray of water near the plant, or grouping it with other plants.
- Use a well-draining soil mix consisting of equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and sand.
- Repot the plant every 1-2 years to prevent the roots from becoming pot-bound.
- Prince of Orange Philodendron plants are toxic to humans and pets if ingested. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
By following these care tips, your Philodendron Prince of Orange can thrive and produce its stunning and vibrant orange leaves.